• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Exam Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Meyer

Freshman Member
No... I didn't have a break down studying for the exam. :eyecrazy:
I'm trying to find out how the licensed appraisal exam is broken down.
Like what percentage of the test is on USPAP, how much on financial calculations etc.
I've been studying the USPAP and plan on getting one of the 1001 questions books also.
What else do I need and what should I focus on the most?

Are any of the online study aids any good?

Tejus

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Check out your state appraisal board web site or call them. They should have exam info, study guide, exam breakdown, etc.

Hint for the day, when studying the 1001 Questions or Q/A books, knowing the answer is good but inadequate. Be able to explain the question and why each answer is correct or incorrect.

bueno suerta.

Ray Meyer

Freshman Member
Thanks, I'll call the state tomorrow & see what they can tell me.

Any idea which of these 1001 questions books is best?
I'm leaning towards the Harrision book.

Harrison's Illustrated Guide: How to Pass Any General or Residential Appraisal Examination: 1001 Questions and Answers
or
Questions and answers to help you pass the real estate appraisal exams by Fisher & Tosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks