• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Example of Tax Stimulus Rebate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Benavidez

Professional Status
General Public
State
Texas
Found the following website outlining examples of how the tax stimulus payments will be calculated. (I am still looking for an example of American children receiving their $300 each if they are sons and/or daughters of illegal aliens.) Anyway, I especially like the provision that if one does not qualify for a tax rebate based on 2007 income or lack of tax liability, one gets a second chance in 2008!
http://www.smartmoney.com/tax/advice/index.cfm?story=20080211-Stimulus-Offers-Free-Money-to-Most

xm4yb7

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Juan I'm confused. Yesterday you posted that the rich (who you state are those who make up to $75,000 net per year) will get more than the poor. Today you link to an article that states, in part, that high income people will receive no check, and others making between 6K and 75K get the same amount. I'm not following what you are trying to say.

Fred

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Virgin Islands
I'm not following what you are trying to say.
If you don't assume it's supposed to lead any where... :)

He lost me when he said that some people will "get" more than others. I don't think anybody "gets" anything. They are just taking less from you than they would have under Plan A.

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I understand that the "rebate" will also be provided to those that didn't generate enough income to even pay income tax.

Must be an election year.

Fred

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Virgin Islands
I understand that the "rebate" will also be provided to those that didn't generate enough income to even pay income tax.
You might be right, in which case the word "rebate" misled me. Of course, if they don't pay any tax, then how can they be "rich" in that year?

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Must be an election year.

Yep, and the whole thing is ridiculous. Anyone who believes the govt. is just out to do the right thing and refund us some of our money is buying into a line. Folks who deal with economics for a living should be able to see through this nonsense.

IMO, if this was really about anything other than sending checks to voters, they would have made it in time to simply lower our tax bills for this year, or lowered it for next year. I would have been fine with that. Or at least I could have bought into the argument.

But, it is exactly about gaining favor - so out go the checks and we get stuck with paying for it in the future. Woo hoo, I got a little cash in my pocket.

Can't wait for all the "Rebate Sales" that will be happening in May/June:new_smile-l:

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
I do kind of like being considered "rich" though...:new_smile-l:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks