• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Experience Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daphne Takahashi

Freshman Member
HI, I just started to work as a trainee (lincensed), my mentor takes me to the site, and I will finish the whole report by myself, but I I don't sign the report, can anyone tell me whether I can get the experience hours or not since I can not find my name on the report? if yes, how many hours can i get per report? i spent more than 10 hours just for one. If not, what shall i tell my mentor? she is great, and I don't want to lose the job. please help. thanks!

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Daphne,

Your mentor is violating USPAP by not disclosing whatever parts of the appraisal process you were involved in. You have a license, why are you not signing the report?

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Standards Rule 2-3 (USPAP 2003, page 30, lines 1089-1091) covers this.

The signed certification requires disclosure of anyone providing significant appraisal assistance to the signer of the certification.

Also see Advisory Opinion # 5 (AO-5 ) on page 133.

In North Carolina, you would NOT get experience credit for any report you did not sign.

You should get a copy of the state appraisal board rules from your state and keep them close by.

hal380

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Connecticut
Hello D

what shall i tell my mentor? she is great, and I don't want to lose the job. please help. thanks!

What's the point of working for this individual if it does not bring you closer to completing your experience requirements? I ASSUME you are working as an independant contractor with no benefits etc. If/since this is true you would be better of flipping hamburgers at McD's where at least you get benifits and free meals.

This person is not helping you, you need to sit down with her and lay your cards on the table. You are not being unreasonable.

Good luck to you.

Hal

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Bob is correct.....check with your state licensing law. Some states allow credit, some do not!

KYLECODY

Professional Status
State
Arizona
My initial mentor inserted a paragraph in the text addendum about the role I played and services I performed. The state of Co accepts this as exp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks