• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Experience question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemelD

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Illinois
Hello all,

First let me say that this forum is awesome. I've been lurking around for a few weeks reading and learning... and I must say that this is hands down one of the most valuable resources available.

I just finished my QE and I'm preparing to sit for the Associates exam... so am not an appraiser yet... but despite the challenges ahead, I am determined to establish myself in this profession as an ethical, qualified and dedicated appraiser.

My question is about the experience requirement. According to AQB, the experience assignments do not have to have a client (and of course must be USPAP compliant). However, no more than 50% of the experience hours can be without a client. I've searched Illinois' site to see if the State has a more restrictive requirement about experience hours. All I can find is that Illinois doesn't require a client but I can't confirm whether or not they allow up to 50% of non-client experience hours. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thank you in advance and Happy New Year!
~Remel

PLCG

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
You need to contact your state board. They are the only place to get the answer.

RemelD

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Thanks Pat. I will certainlly contact the state board for more info.

I was just wondering if anyone practicing in Illinois may have any first-hand knowledge on this topic.

Brian Weaver

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Illinois
We are NOT more restrictive. However, be mindful of the following from our Administrative Rules:

Section 1455.190 Verification of Experience Credit

All applicants shall verify experience credit on forms provided by the Division. Those forms shall include information on the type of property, e.g., residential or non-residential, date of report, address of appraised property, description of work performed and number of work hours. The Division may audit such verification and, if requested, the applicant must provide experience documentation in the form of reports or file memoranda and should support the experience claimed. The Division, at its discretion, will determine the validity of all appraisal experience credit in conformity with criteria recommended by the AQB.

(Source: Amended at 29 Ill. Reg. 16445, effective October 13, 2005)

RemelD

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Thanks again, Brian. I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks