• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Experts Available to Discuss Housing Prices & Bubble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/021003/32511_1.html

Some people are starting to THINK.

I have a friend that has never paid much attention to Real Estate but told me a couple of weeks ago that she wants to buy a couple of houses since they are going up so much so fast. She just wants to buy them and rent them and all the Realtors are telling her it's such a good idea. She thinks she's going to make lots of money even buying at full market value right now!

And she thought she lost too much in the stock market?!?!?!?! This type of buyer is dangerous and the 'second home' mortgages are way up when it's really being purchased as an investment. I'm starting to see some little leaks in the bubble. I doubt it will 'burst', but it will leak.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
:lol: :lol:
Pam:
Save your friend some grief and have her 'shadow' a rental company manager for a day....

Then walk her through a couple former rental REO's.

She'll get the idea!

Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Not much I can do with someone that thinks I don't really know what I'm talking about. After all, her Realtor friends know what they're doing and wouldn't hurt her!

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
A fool and their money.... Ah, well. Maybe, just maybe, she won't get hurt too bad. After all, even a blind pig can find an acorn sometimes.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks