• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Extending a Warm Welcome to all New Mexico Appraisers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott R Marshall

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Mexico
The Appraisal Council of the Greater Albuquerque Association of Realtors (I think that's the official title) will be continuing to meet at the GAAR offices, located at 1635 University Boulevard NE between Indian School Rd and Interstate 40. We will be meeting January 6th, 2012 at our usual time of 1:00, the first Friday of the month, which is when we meet every month. We typically meet in the Jemez room and the meeting is generally about 90 minutes although you are free to come and go as your schedule permits.

This upcoming meeting will be my first as chair, so it will be a bit more informal. The Lightning Round, as our last chair Chere Hartman called it, dealing with something new you've learned regarding appraising within our local market or appraising in general within the last month or so, will start off the meeting followed by a Q and A session. I am still working on seeing if anyone has any presentations they would like to perform either at this meeting or throughout the upcoming year. If so send me a private message.

This is an open invitation and all New Mexico real estate appraisers are invited to attend. Hope to see you there.

To each and all, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

Michael S

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Mexico
Is this for residential appraisers only or would commercial appraisers see any benefit? I'll try to make it but I'll have to leave at 2:00. Also I'm not a member of the MLS, would that be an issue?

Scott R Marshall

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Mexico
Not an issue if you do not belong to the local MLS. While the group is predominantly residential appraisers, the issues discussed are not specifically residential in nature and discussions of market trends, changes in laws both on a national, state and local level affecting appraisers and/or the markets where we appraise, proposed local developments, etc tend to impact all of us, whether you're solely residential, commercial or a bit of both. In addition, the knowledge that CG's bring to the table in regard to methodologies that residential appraisers are infrequently exposed to is invaluable.

Hope to see you there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks