• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Fannie/freddie Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilar

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
Need to get copy of appraier guidelines for Freddie/Fannie.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Don't bother looking for Freddie...

Adfinet has Fannie for free (you gotta register).
Freddy has a pretty steep entry fee - I think it is in the range of 700-800 smackeroos and there IS no other source of which I am aware. You can elect to pay the hefty price and be in compliance OR...

I have asked cleints who insist on Freddie forms to provide the appraiser portion of the guidelines. None of THEM had a copy.
Absent that information: I have performed exactly two report with full disclosure not only verbally IN ADVANCE to the client, but also stated in the report, that the guidelines were unavaible from the client, any of my local peers, nor in a timely manner from any other REASONABLE :eyecrazy: source, and so the appraisal was performed to Fannie Guidelines. Called it a scope issue and went on my way. Client was happy, and with that much disclosure and due dilligence in attempting to acquire the guidelines I think I was covered :unsure:

In any case with exactly two orders in the last 4 years I wasn't going to pay that much for a 'non-appraisal' -- "Its a house and it's there" kinda form. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks