• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Fannie Mae Guidelines!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Fannie Mae has their guidlines copywrited and we have that forum section off line right now because of that. We want the Fannie & Freddie Forum back with all their guidlines here on this forum to be able to easily reference them and discuss them.

<wayne edit>
FNMA has been in contact with me and promised to expedite our request to get the guidelines on our forums. So I have removed their address and I ask you not to email them any more at the present time.

We are hoping they will cooperate with us, after all, why wouldn't they want their appraisal guidelines freely available for all appraisers to see?
</wayne edit>

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
[/b]Why would they not what them posted so appraisers can use them? I am presently teaching them in my registered appraisers class. Using the Property and Appraisal Analysis booklet published in 1994. (currentlly out of print). My personal opinion is this information should be made available to all appraiser free of charge.

Ted Martin

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Kansas
We are so far down the food chain they don't even see us.

I'm sure that someone in Fannie Mae administrative budgeting looked at the publishing costs and had the bright idea that the users of the information should pay for the information and that they could save $ in annual publishing costs. Besides they deal with XYZ lender, who makes $$$$$$$$$$$$$ loans a year and figureing that an annual subscription fee of under $$$$ is no big deal for XYZ lender.

Ted Martin

Professional Status
State
Kansas
Welcome to the world of government privatization and the effciency of the private sector.

Tony Lehn

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
I called FNMA just 3 days ago about the always quoted and never seen guidelines. They told me to send them a check for $25, then they will mail me a copy.

However, my old trainer went to a bigger client of his that sells all of their stuff to the secondary market. He recieved a copy of their guidelines, which are going to mirror FNMA, if they want to keep selling to the secondary market. This avenue was free of charge!

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Please take the few minutes to write and request the guidelines and posting be reapproved.

I found the forum resource to be invaluable in finding and getting feedback on some fine points of this issue.

Don't let this go to waste.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
heY gUYS;
i WANT THSI RESOURCE back SO HOW (ooops) Many of you

yes this means YOU :evil:
Wrote and kevetched???

I did and will post a new letter for the lazy, but SHEESH folks I needed some info and it is much harder to search general forums and I WANT FANNIE/FREDDIE BACK and I want it NOW :multi:

Professional Status
General Public
State
North Carolina
I jsut sent the following to corporate headquarters

Dear Sirs:

I most strongly object to the removal of the FNMA appraisal guidelines from Appraisers Forum. While I understand the copyright issues that are alleged to be the basis for this forced removal, the concept is absurd.

As an appraiser who often does appraisal reviews, I am required to know, or have available for consultation, the appraisal guidelines which are applicable to the report under review. Accordingly, I need to know the relevant guidelines to provide a professional review to my clients.

Removal of the requirements from this forum will force me to pay my client for copyright material that the client requires me to utilize in accomplishing the professional reviews. This is an absurd business situation.

If I can not have the information made available for free over the internet, then I must either ask the local client for a copy, or charge an additional service fee to pass on the costs. This policy directly contravenes your stated policy of reducing costs to the consumers and moving to a more internet friendly environment.

Sincerely

Tom Hildebrandt GAA[/quote]

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
State
Arkansas
OUR poor backward state sends a copy to all paid up appraisers.

That is really good, however it is NOT electronic searchable.

I am not so sure after one buys a copy it cannot be posted any where-street car, lamp post, etc. The fact that then some 6th grade guru knows how to then copy it just aproduct of our tech world.

Get the hint. backward ed in Arkansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks