• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Fannie Mae Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
No course that I know of.

Adfinet.com has all the regs on line available with a free sign up and they keep up to date with any changes.

We had a forum section here that was great with all the regs in individual threads. Fannie wouldn't give Wayne the copywrite authority to keep them here.

I'd like to see us inundate them again with email requests to allow it back on line here.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
I highly recommend that every residential appraiser locates Fannie Mae Guidelines on either the Adfinet site or the Allregs site and then print out Part XI - Property Appraisal Guidelines. Put the print out in a note binder and keep beside your keyboard on the desk. Then when a question comes up--look through the guidelines for the answer. I have little post it stickys scattered all through mine--so I can find the answer to a specific question almost immediately. As something gets discussed in a chat room, on the phone, in a seminar, at a chapter meeting--another sticky so that I can find the applicable section the next time the same question comes up.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
And I have a fair number of Jo Ann quotes from The Appraisers Forum scattered in the leaves of my tattered, tabbed, highlighted, cross referenced and sticky noted version :p

Sometimes by the time forum members answer the same question 6-12 times they refine it down to a thing of beauty! and much easier reading than the source doc cited :rolleyes:

I am amazed at how many of our peers do this work and have NEVER read the "rooles"... :blink:

Tim Cullen

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas
Jeff,

NAIFA is hosting an 8 hour Fannie Mae Property and Appraisal Guidelines Class in San Diego on August 2nd, in Los Angeles on September 15th and in Sacramento on October 5th. There are about 100 other cities this class is being offered during the remainder of this year. Take a look at the education section of our National site for a class offered near you.

Tim Cullen, IFAS

larryhaskell

Professional Status
State
Nevada
Tim:

Do you have to be a member to attend the class?

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Any appraiser may take a NAIFA class. Not only is the CA NAIFA chapters holding those classes, they also will be having three day education conferences that is open to any appraiser (or underwriter!) August 15, 16, 17 in Southern CA and August 22, 23, 24 in Northern CA--check out the NAIFA website! The Phoenix chapter just completed three days of education yesterday. Lynne Heiden and Ann Susko did great jobs of providing some excellent seminars! Lynne was the instructor for the 2003 USPAP class--and I discovered I was very wrong in a statement I made last week. I got very confused about some different issues and it got me confused about client guidelines. I thought Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, etc were client guidelines--I was wrong---they are supplemental standards! So the three days of education sure paid off for me!

So Appraiser's Forum participants--have a reunion in CA next month!

Tim Cullen

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Larry,

No, you don't have to be a member to attend. Non members pay about $20 more than members for a typical 7/8 hour class. The FNMA Guideline Class costs a non member $139 while a member pays $119. Most NAIFA members don't pay for most CE classes they take since they get 2 free days of CE education with their membership.

In California one of the last 7 hour National USPAP Update classes California NAIFA hosted had 15 students - 12 of the students were non members. In the last 15 hour USPAP class California NAIFA hosted in Los Angeles only 1 attendee was a member out of 12 students. Several of the students were AI designated members.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks