• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Fannie Mae Selling Guide Addresses Appraiser Trainees, Adjustments Jan 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Fannie Mae Selling Guide Addresses Appraiser Trainees, Adjustments
The updated Fannie Mae Selling Guide released Jan. 31 clarifies rules for property inspections by appraiser trainees and dollar adjustments for financing or sales concessions. All clarifications and updates are effective immediately.> FULL STORY

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
guess the link didnt work . sorry. Mods feel free to delete.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
So would lenders be okay with a unlicensed inspector and an appraisal signed by a licensed appraiser? Most engagements from AMCs say, "the appraisal has to be completed by [insert name here]. So if an old phart appraiser signs and "completes" the report, it should be okay with lenders and FNMA? (It might be good pin money for my retirement)

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
what FNMA wants/needs is not always what the lender wants/needs. look at the 15%/25% thing - FNMA doesn't care about those limits anymore but a lot of lenders still do. similarly FNMA no longer requires a report be sent back to an appraiser for changes like contract date or price but all my clients still do.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
So who supersedes who between fannie says ok and the lender says no realm of regulation?

BarrySW1963

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Texas
So who supersedes who between fannie says ok and the lender says no realm of regulation?

The lender can overlay a more stringent set of conditions, but I don't think they can relax FNMA's requirements if they intend to sell the loan on the secondary market.

Also, I know for sure that my E&O carrier will categorically deny coverage on an assignment if the signing appraiser did not perform the inspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks