• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Fannie Mae's Uad Guidelines For Condominium Design (style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackimoya

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Maybe this will be helpful to someone:

The appraiser should provide the attachment type, the number of levels and the architectural design for each comparable property.

Reporting Format:
The appraiser should utilize the below abbreviations preceded by the number of parking spaces without spaces or delimiters between the types.

ABBREVIATED ENTRY

PARKING TYPE

DT

Detached - Detached Structure, does not share any communal walls, floor, or ceiling with another property

RT

Row or Townhouse - One in a row of identical houses or having a common wall; attached to another unit via common wall

GR

Garden - Structure is 1-3 stories tall, contains units with communal walls, floors, and/or ceilings

MR

Mid-Rise - Structure is 4-7 stories tall, contains units with communal walls, floors, and/or ceilings

HR

High Rise -Structure is 8+ stories tall, contains units with communal walls, floors, and/or ceilings

O

Other

Number of Levels – The appraiser should indicate the attachment type of the property followed by the number of levels of the condominium unit. The number of levels should be displayed in whole numbers.

Description of Style – The appraiser should enter a brief description of the style of the property. The PDF creator should populate the selected text from the specified list for ‘Attachment Type’, followed by th e‘Number of Levels’ , and the ‘Description of Style’ . A semicolon should be used to separate the number of levels from the Description of the style. Note that no semicolon should be used between the Attachment Type and the Number of Levels.
Examples:

RT3L;Twnhse
GR1L;Garden
GR1L;Garden
HR2L;Penthouse
O1L;SitecondoRamb

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Was this ever made available on a Rosana Stone's new languages for the general public.....
i like the joke but the answer is no, and it doesn't need to. appraisals are performed for the client who should have a working knowledge of them. the borrower is not the client nor intended user for reports being sold to fannie.

normando

Professional Status
State
California
I don't do that many condos. Just to make sure I'm calling it right. Do you count the garage level as 1st floor and the first floor of condo units the 2nd floor or you don't count the garage level which is on the street level?

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
State
Florida
I call the garage level as 1st floor and there is some entry as well. I guess they are mostly RT3L;Twnhse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks