• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Faxes as emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger R. Patzold

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
Tried searching for a thread but I am not very good with the search.

I am looking to not replace my fax machine. Hardly get any faxes anymore that are not junk.

Some clients will insist on faxing.

I would like to know which providers are better at taking a client's fax and converting it to an email to be forwarded to me.

Any help will be appreciated.<><

harapp

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Indiana
Computer fax

BVRP ( now part of Avanquest ) has software called Classic Phone Tools that allows you to send/receive faxes through your computer. Type BVRP in search engine to access website. Then type in " fax " upper left and list of products will be displayed. The $30 one works fine. No need to spend more unless you want more bells and whistles. They let you try it free for 30 days. Got rid of my stand alone fax machine two years ago and have never regretted it. This software has proven to be very reliable. Hope this helps.
BTW--one time purchase price---no monthly fees

Last edited:

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I use myfax. Send 100 pages, receive 200 pages per month for $10. http://www.myfax.com/. Others swear by efax and there are many others. Google or Yahoo internet fax, and you will get a ton of responses.

PLCG

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
I have been using extreme fax for about three years now. It is internet based. I like the fact that it receives faxes whether your computer is on or off. My computer is off when I am not using it. You can choose the ways you want to be notified when a fax arrives. Faxes can be viewed on your computer or online - which might be good if you have the web on your cell phone.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I use myfax. Send 100 pages, receive 200 pages per month for $10. http://www.myfax.com/. Others swear by efax and there are many others. Google or Yahoo internet fax, and you will get a ton of responses.

I agree with Rex, go with one of the online fax services, I use efax, one of the best changes you can make if you haven't already. No more fax machine and no more paying for that extra phone line. It also cost $10 per month, but much cheaper than that second phone line and fax machine and supplies.

Whenever a fax arrives they send you an email, you can pull it up as an email or go to the website to access it. Another advantage is you can check for faxes wherever you have access to email, instead of having to be at your office to see the paper fax.:beer:

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I went from a land line and separate fax line (+/-$150 per month_ to VOIP phone and myfax (under $50). Toll free fax line now with myfax BTW.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Rex, which VOIP service did you go with? I am not sure if this is allowed on the forum, but I went with VOIP (the actual company name) for my office/home phone and it was a living h*ll. Then I went to Vonage with no problems, it cut my phone bill in half.

Jason S

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
We use myfax. No special programs needed to view faxed since they are turned into a PDF.

& we can receive and send from more than 1 email address. We have it set up where all incoming faxes come to both my partner & myself as well as our assistant.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Good points also Jason. Another advantage, you can just save the PDF fax to your computer, only printing out the faxes that need printing, this also cuts back on expenses.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Rex, which VOIP service did you go with? I am not sure if this is allowed on the forum, but I went with VOIP (the actual company name) for my office/home phone and it was a living h*ll. Then I went to Vonage with no problems, it cut my phone bill in half.

Time Warner. I am probably going to Vonage and save another few $$$.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks