• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Federalize appraisers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne Henry

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
Federalize appraisers???

Why don’t they just federalize appraisers or make them state valuators. They should do this now before it is too late. .. well it may already be too late, seeming that more people have 50% less equity in there homes… millions of foreclosures and more to come. $104.00 a barrel oil prices… seems that once it went over $100.00 a barrel its going higher and higher over that unforeseen mark of $100.00 which our law makers helped us avoid for so long.. Soon to come a gallon of gas will be $4.00 this summer… oh Bush didn’t know. I think where at the point where we don’t blame him for his short comings, he’s so excited his term is soon over he was tap dancing the other day. It looks really grim my fellow appraisers, as were in a war that’s costing billions of dollars a day while the euro is kicking the dollars b-hind. Foreclosures will continue … banks will go under.. the ripple affect of this mess will affect neighborhoods. Local municipals will try to close the gap of the growing lack of real estate tax revenue by increasing speeding ticket quotas, which of course will fall short, but they will try it. The people who didn’t refinance and took all there cash out to go on a trip or buy a car (the president did say go spend your money after 9-11) will affect the ones that pay there bills on time and didn’t believe the hype. The real estate taxes on those people will increase causing them to have to refinance to pay there doubled tax bill to avoid tax sales… they will soon find out that they can not refinance when the appraiser goes to there house and comes in lower than they could ever imagine. Appraiser complaints will go up as home owners frustration increases… appraiser shops will probably use virtual office spaces to avoid being threatened or even killed when the loan officer tells the homeowner the appraiser is the reason there family will be ripped apart. Federalize appraisers, it is the only way I see any form of hope in the future. … Didn’t want to be so grim everyone but this country that I love seems to be falling apart.

Amy Perkins

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
They don't "federalize" appraisers because each state has a different set of laws. Think about it, realtors are licensed by the state therefore appraisers are licensed by the state.

nauthead

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
While you're at it, let's just federalize teachers and law enforcement. We can just eliminate state governments and save lots of money. No thanks.

Mary Tiernan

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Michigan
Well, if the federalizing of appraisers is anything like being licensed to do FHA work, no thanks.

Jonsey

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Florida
They don't "federalize" appraisers because each state has a different set of laws. Think about it, realtors are licensed by the state therefore appraisers are licensed by the state.

http://epic.org/privacy/id-cards/

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:h.r.00418:

Sure, and states each have their own set of laws regarding drivers licenses.Anyone see the new/renewal drivers licence app....Dept. Homeland Security.
Realtors and brokers can commit contractual fraud from dusk till dawn 24/7. Federally related transactions/Loans are contingent to a large degree on the "Appraisal". The crime syndicate investigators have already conceded that fraud would not be supportable without the Appraisers cooperation.

It would NOT surprise me if the fallout from this financial fiasco, which my yet turn out to be the Grandaddy of them all, eventually leads to Federal licensing of Appraisers. It would certainly tend to centralization of FBI fraud investigations.
States are more often than not uncooperative, lackadaisical and lacking in financial foundation.

http://appraisersforum.com/showthread.php?t=135174&page=5

Last edited:

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Think TSA

Wonderful, just what we need. A new Federal Bureaucracym2: The USPS is such a wonderful example, mail delivered years late, and finally had to take it out of Federal control. And, that wonderful TSA that searches baby diapers with a wand and let's foreign looking, turban wearing men and women wearing hoods and veils through without a search. And that wonderful congress that spends millions investigating baseball and let's the toold of home land security expire that just might keep us safe from another 9-11. No thanks, as dysfunctional and as bad as some state boards are, we are better off with state control. Bad, bad, bad idea to get the Federal Government involved.

Jonsey

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Florida
Wonderful, just what we need. A new Federal Bureaucracym2: And that wonderful congress that spends millions investigating baseball and let's the toold of home land security expire that just might keep us safe from another 9-11. No thanks, as dysfunctional and as bad as some state boards are, we are better off with state control. Bad, bad, bad idea to get the Federal Government involved.

Don't forget any American citizen who withdraws in excess of 10K is reported to the Feds. AMC's and banks can surcharge a buyer with hidden fees without impunity. Busy minding everyones business.....giving the grand scale fraud a pass.

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
I'm all for it.

as long as I get a gun and a badge.......:rof:

Smokehouse

Professional Status
State
Florida
I am very worried. It is very scary when ones first response to any situation is to have the government control it. The government, as you posted in your original post, according toyou cnat do anything right but you now wnat them to take over the appraisal profession????

I hope you werent serious. Government isnt the solution to every issue and it is seldom the solution to much of anything, it is usally the cause of most problems.

rbrienza

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Colorado
Forget about it... Another federal program that has fraud written all over it.... WE have to many of those now.... The biggest oxymoron statement in the world is " I'm from the government ... I'm here to help you" ... We don't need to nationalize anything else.. the federal government is to intrusive as it is ...we don't need it.. Including ....HEALTHCARE.... or or appraiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks