• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Fee Inspectors/FHA New Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

liznindy

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
I recently appraised a home (under construction) for a client who is now having a hard time contacting a Fee Inspector to do the Final for this home.

Does anyone know how to find out who the Fee INspectors are and/or how to become one?

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
liz,

The lender should have the ability to bring up the list of FHA fee inspectors so something is wrong there on their part.

Forget becoming an FHA inspector. It's like the old FHA appraiser panel prior to lender-selection. It's always closed. (and people complain about lender-selection of appraisers. Oh boy)

Finally, go here. NAIFA is on the ball and has answered your question. Scroll down to the middle of the page for the new mortgagee letter 01-27, which seems to say that FHA will take the municipal certificate of occupancy in lieu of the final inspection by the FHA fee inspector. Not good news for FHA fee inspectors. ..

http://www.naifa.com/gram/2002jan/FHA-jan02.html

Let your client review the ML and decide for themselves.

Ben

liznindy

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
Thank you, Ben. I appreciate your help and reference to the Mortgagee Letter.

My client does have a short list of fee inspectors, however, they have not returned his phone calls as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks