• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Fees are Dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roscoeman

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Oregon
Subject property on 5 acres, located on a highway, 1978 built home.

Here is the rub.........

Fee is $280...

No can do, how low is it going to gom2:

Steer

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Maine
As low as your competion lets it go.

Same everywhere...

Dirty Harry

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Subject property on 5 acres, located on a highway, 1978 built home.

Here is the rub.........

Fee is $280...

No can do, how low is it going to gom2:

Counter them nicely with $550 and move along.

dobie

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
You can bet somebody will jump on that.

Roscoeman

Professional Status
State
Oregon
That was the first I had heard of a fee under $300 for a property like the subject...

I hope other Oregon Appraisers will chime in...

I haven't heard of a fee that low here.

Well just got a call back and the fee was adjusted to $400.

That will give me a total of 7 for the month.

Whoooooooooooooooa!

Margaret Treat

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
Hi Roscoeman,
I am at six for the month! EEEKKK!! I haven't had fees that low requested. I do lots of metro work but I do acreage parcels as well.

My big AMC lost a major contract in Oregon so I don't get much from them anymore. That contract, for US Bank, went to Landsafe. As much as I want work I am steering clear of the AMC path and will live with the results. I just can't do the AI ready forms and give my signature over.

I know NAIFA and the AI are working on proposing something about AMC legislation and there is a portion in there about fees. If your a member it might be worth your while to be in on the early proposals.

I am assuming these fees are from AMC's?

Roscoeman

Professional Status
State
Oregon
Hi Roscoeman,
I am at six for the month! EEEKKK!! I haven't had fees that low requested. I do lots of metro work but I do acreage parcels as well.

My big AMC lost a major contract in Oregon so I don't get much from them anymore. That contract, for US Bank, went to Landsafe. As much as I want work I am steering clear of the AMC path and will live with the results. I just can't do the AI ready forms and give my signature over.

I know NAIFA and the AI are working on proposing something about AMC legislation and there is a portion in there about fees. If your a member it might be worth your while to be in on the early proposals.

I am assuming these fees are from AMC's?

The contract also went to Appraisalport, but maybe thats the middleman for landsafe!

Hang in there it is going to be a rough winter.

Tom Barclay

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Oregon
I turned down two orders last week when they offerred $175 for a URAR in town. I just counter with my normal fee; sometimes it works, most of the time someone is cheaper. By how much I don't know. I'm just not ready to accept fees of 50% what I was charging 20 years ago.

Oregon Doug

Professional Status
General Public
State
Oregon
The last time I looked, we had about 1,750 appraisers in Oregon - I don't know if it's started to seriously decline yet or not (remember, we're on a 2 year cycle - recall that little fee increase last year? - think about it carefully.) I've retired and I know several other olde timey appraisers who have or are about to do the same.

How many appraisers are enough? I was one of the very last licensed in '91 at #264. My, how we've grown!

You young warriors take it from here - just try not to slice your fees so low that there are only a few incompitent boobs left. I know times are tough - I've been through it a few times - but you either need to stand your ground or look for another profession.

Best of luck to you all,
Oregon Doug

Charles Amos

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
number of Oregon appraisers

Oregon Doug,

I have been out of the fee appraisal world for a couple of years but I looked on the ASC website recently; it showed a total of approximately 3900 appraisers of all stripes (some were listed twice if upgraded from licensed to certified or cg). I know many are probably inactive or moved on but is that number right?

I could very well be wrong,

Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks