• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FEMA Map Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas Runo

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
All am located in the Southern california market and for whatever reason am unable to find a FEMA map date. Wintotal is generating an error. What other source can l use to locate the FEMA map date.:sad:

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
www.floodinsights.com

Pay site, but I love it.

Jim Onderisin

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
It's a great site, unless you happen to work my county. Its maps are not yet "veiwable", thus I cannot make firmettes.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Look at the maps. They are available for free from FEMA. The map will be dated. You can request only the maps in your market area that are not currently on line.

VolcanoLvr

Professional Status
State
Washington
I use the FEMA MSC site all the time. I print the Firmette map and scan it into the report when ever the subject is in a flood zone. You need to put an arrow on the subject before scanning.

The only rub with these is when the site location is incorrect, usually due to GPS coordinates that are not right. Then the wrong map will be displayed. (My home is a prime example.)

In that situation, it is difficult to figure out which map # is correct.

I wish FEMA had an index map of an area showing the adjacent maps on the MSC site. If anyone knows if they do, please respond!!

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
There is an index.

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Go into catalog and work your way through.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
I use the FEMA MSC site all the time. I print the Firmette map and scan it into the report when ever the subject is in a flood zone. You need to put an arrow on the subject before scanning.

You can skip scanning by opening the Firmette .Tiff in MS Paint and saving as a .Jpeg. Then copy and paste or import the map into your report. ACI gives you arrow lables to add with the "Edit Map" tool so everything looks sharp.

Just buy a paper index map for each county you service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks