• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARRE

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Do you have to send in $ to get put on the list? It seems everything else has an application fee, and this doesn't seem to. I would just like to make sure before I send in my application.

Thanks,
Justin Reis

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Your AF status indicates "appraiser trainee." You can't apply until you are licensed or certified.

And when you are ready I'll give you instructions on where to send my (uh their) money.:laugh:

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
Hi Justin,

No fee, but you do have to fill out the 10 questions on the application. You also have to be licensed. They will not accept trainees.:)

ARRE

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I am certified residential (I guess I should have said that). I cannot figure out how to change it in my profile.

I already answered the questions, I guess I dont have to send in any money though (finally something that doesnt pick away at the nest egg). I will just mail it in via Fed Ex or UPS (according to the other post, that is the best way). If anyone knows how to update the profile, please let me know.

Thanks,
Justin

Chief Wanigas

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Hawaii
FHA App

Seems I heard from someone that an e-mailed application (pdf.) would be fastest way to go... anyone have the e-mail address? Thanks in advance!

seattle98116

Professional Status
State
Washington
New FHA / HUD guidelines that were just released have removed the test portion (or 10 question portion) from the application due to duplicative measures with state certification standards. So now all you have to do is send in your name and you can get on the list.
Wow.
Justin

Flygirl 152

Professional Status
State
California
New FHA / HUD guidelines that were just released have removed the test portion (or 10 question portion) from the application due to duplicative measures with state certification standards. So now all you have to do is send in your name and you can get on the list.
Wow.
Justin

Hi Justin,

Would it be possible for you to forward a link to me stating the change in guidelines. I was just on the site today looking at the application, and the site still has the 10 test questions on the application. I couldn't find it posted anywhere that the test questions are no longer required.

Thanks,
Deb

Rrebera

Professional Status
State
Ohio
Fog a mirror and presto FHA appraiser's are popping out of the woodwork....the lender's will now have a field day with this, in that they can pick and choose their little "skippy"......and too think that I use to complain about the days when we had a CHUMS number and the meetings in Cleveland.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California

Alisa

Professional Status
State
Texas
Deb, go to the FHA website and sign up to receive their email updates and you'll receive stuff like that in the future.

Alisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks