• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA Case Assignment Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Does anyone ask for or require a client to provide a case assignment letter instead of just the Case #?

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
NO *** WHY DO I CARE *** GIVE ME THE NUMBER AND I DO IT :)

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I used to request one back when they had to use the appraiser's license # in order to obtain one. Now, they can get the case # before the appraisal is ordered.

bunnygroup

Professional Status
State
Florida
Two times this past week I was provided with case assignment letters which linked the FHA case numbers to different financing programs (203b vs 203k, etc.) than what was specified in the engagement letter and/or sales contract. So I am starting to think these assignment letters are very important, or at minimum appraisers should verify the financing program with FHA prior to performing services.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I use to when dealing with sketchy mortgage borkers, today not so much unless my spidey sense kicks in.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
That's why I asked. Two times I've had assignments cancelled because the RE agents were sketchy. Happening now. The agent would agree to set the appointment until he talked to the lender. Says they already have a VA appraisal (this is an FHA assignment for me) and wants to use that one. It's a real stinker of an assignment... brand new construction in the wrong part of town. One sort of similar sale (but in better part of town.) No other new construction for a very long time. All old stuff from the 50's through the early 80's.

I remember doing an appraisal of this "property" back in 2008. It was part of a proposed construction assignment involving 4 houses with granny units over the garage. Zero lot line stuff. Probably the most difficult assignment I've ever done (and it was for Chase.) Well, they never built it out like that. Looks like two houses with 5,000 sf lots. This is the first to sell. Weird stuff.

In any case I think they can appraiser shop now that the appraisers name is not on the assignment letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks