• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA Case Number on every page of the report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winston Wolf

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
Not in the HUD handbook.

HUD says this:

Although HUD Handbook 4150.2 does not specifically state every page, it is our intent that the case number be inserted on every page of the report. This also protects the appraiser should a lender try to submit an appraisal that was performed for conventional loan purposes.
FYI

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Where does HUD say that?

Winston Wolf

Professional Status
State
Maryland
Where does HUD say that?
In an email I got.

I have a NEW client who stated in a stip that "HUD requires the FHA case number on every page of the report."

I asked for them to point me to where the HUD handbook states this. "They" said that HUD doesn't state it in the handbook but an email from HOC states the following:

Thank you for contacting the FHA Resource Center, a response to your inquiry is provided below. If you have additional questions you can submit them via email to [email protected] or contact us at 1-800-225-5342. Please do not respond to this email unless you need further clarification or wish to initiate a new service request.

Case Number on every page;

Although HUD Handbook 4150.2 does not specifically state every page, it is our intent that the case number be inserted on every page of the report. This also protects the appraiser should a lender try to submit an appraisal that was performed for conventional loan purposes.

Yeah...been doing it wrong for 20 years.

AnonApprsr

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
I was taught this way, and never did it different. Never questioned it either...

Lloyd Bonafide

Professional Status
State
California
I have one FHA client that does require that, so I insert the case # on all pages of the PDF that do not already have it, like the plat map, property profile, etc. It only takes me 30 seconds or so to copy and past the case # on all of those pages.

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
I have one FHA client that does require that, so I insert the case # on all pages of the PDF that do not already have it, like the plat map, property profile, etc. It only takes me 30 seconds or so to copy and past the case # on all of those pages.
In alamode, you can make the case number the "main file number" and it puts it on every page.

Winston Wolf

Professional Status
State
Maryland
Once again the thread is moving off topic. "I" have no problem applying the FHA case number to the report. It takes none of my time to do so through a la mode.

The "TOPIC" is that clients throw around HUD guidelines. HUD doesn't have a guideline. HUD has an email.

Yeah. I knew the answer to the question before I asked the client.

Carry on, people.

Lloyd Bonafide

Professional Status
State
California
In alamode, you can make the case number the "main file number" and it puts it on every page.
I have a file number and case # on every page that is printed in my appraisal software - I just add it to the few extra pages that I insert into the final PDF, when needed.

Regarding clients that have guidelines beyond HUD's - that's their right, whether they are right or wrong.

Winston Wolf

Professional Status
State
Maryland
Regarding clients that have guidelines beyond HUD's - that's their right, whether they are right or wrong.
No kidding.

I don't like it when the client states things that aren't true. I would appreciate the client stating "It's a lender requirement" rather than treating me like a rookie and stating that it's a HUD requirement.

My point. Everyone except Greg missed it.

OminousRun

Professional Status
State
Florida
In alamode you can actually get it to print out the FHA case number on every page if you go into print preferences, that way you don't have to overwrite your main file number that may screw up your filing system.

You won't see it at the top of the appraisal report on your screen, but when you create a .pdf file the FHA case number will be embedded in the upper right hand corner in a nice little black box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks