• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA Case Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Neighbors

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Received an order for an FHA appraisal, but it did not have the FHA Case# on the appraisal request.
Informed the lender that I needed the case number before I could proceed.
Next day I get a "case number", but it doesn't look right. Every other FHA case number that I have ever received started with 492-0000000.
I let the lender know, via email, with return receipt acknowledgment, which I have received. Still waiting on the correct number.
This has happened before, so I contacted the powers that be, and asked if there was anyplace that an Appraiser could access the case numbers assigned to him/her. Their answer.....No.
So this one is on hold, for now.
Anyone know if the 492 prefix is all that is used?

Thanks,
Rick

Jerry Bone Jr

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Here in Oregon, all of my case numbers have started with 431-.

Narkissos

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Michigan is 261

Rick Neighbors

Professional Status
State
Texas
FHA #

Well, that makes sense. Each area having it's own number designation.

I still wish there was some place on the internet that we could check on these numbers.

Rick

tjcou812

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Connecticut is 061-''''''

fritzvogel

Professional Status
State
New York
Another MB/telemarketer/salesperson, fast deal, fast commission, no clue what they are doing..... Has anybody sat in a "call room" with 25-50 telemaketers all chatting with potential borrowers ? It is really sick, to think they have that kind of power or "authority" to speak to homeonwers/buyers when they, themselves have never walked in the shoes of a needy borrower.

Proactive

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Washington
FHA Case# Prefixes

The prefix identifies the FHA Field Office location, not the subject location. Rick, is it possible another field office has issued the case number? In my area most case numbers originate out of the Boise, Idaho office (Prefix 121-). There also have been many over the years that originated out of Spokane Washington (which is actually closer to me than Boise) and have a 122- prefix.

The above link shows at least 9 field offices servicing Texas, each with a different prefix. Perhaps this latest assignment has a case number from a field office that you are not familar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks