• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

hal

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
How difficult is the FHA exam vs the state license exams? When I nail the state license I would like to prep for the FHA exam. Any suggestions/warnings/aids about the appraisal world with FHA?

Rob Bodkin

Professional Status
State
Washington
My experience with the FHA exam was that it was much harder. That was because the state exam was so easy. I studied, bought a prep book, freaked out and was nervous as heck before taking the state exam. It ended up being no big deal.

But I was trained by my VA and FHA Fee Panel, old school father one on one when I was training.

Read and know the 4150.2 and take a class that tells you how to do FHA appraisals.

You should be fine.

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Hal,

15-20 minutes tops.

There is a website with the answers to all 200 questions. If you need it, post back and I'll try to find it for you. Saves you from going through 4150.2 looking for the answers.

I haven't looked in awhile but HUD used to have the 200 possible questions on their website.

Ben

Wally Jones

Professional Status
State
Florida
Hal,

Ditto what Ben said. Don't know what state you're in, but our Florida test was much more difficult than the FHA exam. For the FHA, 15 minutes, including signing in and out, and I was done. I used the HUD test that Ben talked about to study. Good luck.

hal

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
Ben I would love to get those answers as soon as you get a chance. Thanks in advance for the heads up.

hal

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
Thanks Ben I do not know what I would do without you guys. Time to brush up a little for test time. Later

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
State exam much more comprehensive. Ours is 150 questions...the FHA is 50 questions. Remember you must have two years experience before you can be placed on the FHA roster.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I don't know which one is easier, the FHA or the State. Either way, I was out of there in 20 minutes. Don't sweat it.

TC :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks