• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA Field Review Contracting Opportunities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
8)

OK, if you really want work try these links:

Field review of Appraisal Services-California

http://www.HUD.gov/offices/cpo/contract/sfc0008.cfm

Look for HUD solicitation #Q3D8AAC0008

Field Review of Appraisal Services-Nevada

http://www.HUD.gov/offices/cpo/contract/sfc007.cfm

Look for HUD solicitation #Q3D8AAC0007

Don Clark

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Also, Oregon and Washington.

Attempting to contract for such large areas means the contract will end up with an AMC. Yep.... gonna get some real quality reviews there!

Last time I saw a solicitation for bids for FHA appraisal reviews, they made it for 1, yes 1, appraiser for all of approximately the southern 1/3 portion of the state of Florida and that 1 appraiser was to do them ALL personally. Residential appraisers don't have the competence for an area that large and Frank G. made that perfectly clear to them.

Doesn't anyone at HUD have any clue regarding Appraisals???? Does anyone there want to get a clue????

Hey HUD, how about picking a couple of the Appraisers from your roster that do the work for a couple of your approved lenders that have a very low foreclosure rate? Contact those Appraisers directly through the individual HOCs and get a real quality review - or - try a couple of your roster appraisers that have been on your roster for at least a couple of years but don't complete very many FHA appraisals. Those are probably the ethical appraisers since the lenders don't use them very often!!!!!! Too simple????

:roll: :twisted:

:2gunfire:

FHA/HUD is constantly shooting themselves in their own feet!

I really don't know.... I guess this MIGHT be better than no reviews.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Most of the FHA review work goes to appraisal companies with minority ownership. They, in turn, hire appraisers in the areas where the reviews are done and pay rather low fees. In our market most of the reviewers were newly licensed appraisers with little experience. The review company was based in Texas. The system isn't the best.

yvonne dill

Sophomore Member
Mike-

Probably the company that contracts for OK. I talked to this guy at his office. It's a little nondescript house south of Dallas, TX. I was bemused by the setup. He told me-we want reviews, but we aren't out to expose appraisers negatively. OH.

xmrdfghap

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Yvonne...was that actualliy in Grande Prairie just south of 6 Flags? they also do right of way maintenance? I visited with them a couple of years ago. Never had an offer, but then I wasn't a trainee and my starting wage was a little higher than they seemed intered in paying........

Doug in NC

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I once looked into doing FHA review work, but that didn't last long. Reviews could be all over the place and fees were ridiculous. Oh well, I'm looking into a new career in internet marketing. Wish me luck. :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

yvonne dill

Sophomore Member
Greg-

You got em. I drove by that house twice trying to find them.
I was put off by his statement, he wasn't interested in reviews that had any negativity. Then what's the point? Seconding bad work? I know way too much about the OK appraisal biz to second their number hittin', condition overlooking, comp creating work. No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks