• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA Inspection With Repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiggy

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
This is my first time posting here and hoping someone can help me. I am not sure how to handle this correctly? I did an FHA inspection and there were repairs that needed to be done. The homeowner fixed the repairs right after i left and the next day the lender asked me to re-inspect the property with the repairs done and then submit my report. I have not sent the lender my original report yet. The lender is paying me a trip fee which they added to the original order fee. How do i properly handle this? Can i change my effective date to the re-inspection date? How do you handle this?

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
https://portal.HUD.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=40001HSGH.pdf

Become intimate with the 4000.1 manual
You don't need to know the book verbatim, but you need to know where to look and how to find answers when dealing with FHA reports.

Tiggy

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
This is my first time posting here and hoping someone can help me. I am not sure how to handle this correctly? I did an FHA inspection and there were repairs that needed to be done. The homeowner fixed the repairs right after i left and the next day the lender asked me to re-inspect the property with the repairs done and then submit my report. I have not sent the lender my original report yet. The lender is paying me a trip fee which they added to the original order fee. How do i properly handle this? Can i change my effective date to the re-inspection date? How do you handle this?

Tiggy

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
I was and am currently looking over the handbook but I am just not sure if I am looking at the corresponding info for my situation.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
Submit the original report with the original inspection date and mark the report subject to. Then do the reinspection and do the 1004D as you would normally do as they are paying you to do it.

OR

Reinspect the property with a new EFFECTIVE date and write the report as-is. Either way you are getting paid. Report both inspection dates with the effective date being the last visit to the property.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I agree with above post to submit original as subject to repairs, and then the repairs completed 1004 D form. Because that is exactly what happened, right?

If you decide to change to a new effective date, you must disclose your prior service of subject ( 2 days ago I inspected subject property for an appraisal ).

Imo it is cleanest to submit original report as subject to inspection for repair, then go back and inspect and sign the 1004 d form and submit. ( assuming repairs are done)

Last edited:

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
If you did not submit the original report subject to repairs, how did the lender know there were repairs to be made/send you back out?

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida

Did you share with the homeowner about repairs during your appraisal inspection, how did this happen?

Rob Frazier

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Maryland
What Michigan CG Said sounds like good advice. The important thing is that your date of valuation must be the date you last inspected. so if you go back to the property, inspect and find that the repairs are done, you can do an As Is valuation as of that date and there is no need for a 1004D or any follow up. Point is that the underwriter knows the condition of the property and if that changed from one day to the next. just explain it.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Rob, should the FHA appraiser be sharing assignment results (needed repairs) with the homeowner at the time of the inspection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks