• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA Kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAURIE ROCCHIO

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Rhode Island
I am doing an FHA assignment with many problems, one of which is that everything in the kitchen has been completely removed - no cabinets, counter tops, sink, appliances. I'm wondering if anyone else has run in to this problem, and if so, have you treated it as something that rises to the level of affecting the 3 S's, or have you treated it simply as something that you applied a cost to cure to?

thanks for any input.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia

Read the section in the handbook in chapter 3-3 D.

Basic minimum property requirements are a place to wash, prepare and cook food. That would be a sink, counter tops, and a stove. Also, if the market in which it competes generally have homes with cabinets, storage for food, sinks, and cooking stoves, then the subject would need those things to be acceptable in the market. In my opinion, it is not a cost to cure but a condition to be met, i.e.' subject to installation of cabinets, storage space, sink, and cooking stove that is/are functional.

incognito

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I agree with Don. Additionally I believe HUD requires a finished floor surface in the kitchen and bathrooms, such as vinyl, tile, sealed concrete, etc. I have always required this if bare slab exists...

LAURIE ROCCHIO

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Rhode Island
thanks everyone, that was my inclination, but it's nice to get a litlle confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks