• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA Manufactured Home Foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftweit4

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I'm appraising a new construction manufactured home for an FHA loan and this is my first time doing so. The mobile home sits on concrete block piers which do not appear to be mortared. However, there does appear to be "X" bracing from the frame to a concrete footing under each pier. There is no perimeter footing wall, just vinyl skirting.

I've read the Permanent Foundations Guide For Manufactured Housing, as well as a few threads on this site but so much of the information seems to be contradictory. Should the report just be made subject to verification/certification of the foundation by an engineer? Or is the appraiser required to supply an opinion as to the eligibility of the foundation as well?

I appreciate the replies.

Attachments

• P7190009.JPG
    P7190009.JPG
    518.8 KB · Views: 15

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
All FHA manufactured home appraisals are subject to an Engineers Certification.

Last edited:

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
What Mr. Rex said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks