• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA - Non-functional Toilet And Shower /above Ground Spa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly S

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Sorry if this is a lame question - I've never come across this particular situation and just want to get some other thoughts. I've been researching the FHA handbook and haven't found a clear answer.

The property has numerous defective paint surfaces and the gas was not on at the time of my inspection, so those will be conditioned. One of the three bathrooms had a non-functional toilet and shower with a functional sink. The other two bathrooms were fully functional. Should the non-functional toilet and shower be a required repair? Or just note it and move on since the home has two other fully functional bathrooms?

The other issue is an above-ground spa in the middle of a weird covered deck built around a tree. There was a very heavy wooden cover on the spa with concrete blocks on top so I wasn't able to see much of it. The stairs to the deck are falling apart and wobbly but no sign of termite damage. How would you handle this?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I would condition the bathroom to have a functional toilet and shower ** I would consider the above ground spa as personal property and no value given.

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I agree with Glenn.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Agree with all three above - condition the bathroom; spa PP ... from your description the falling apart/wobbly stairs could fall under "safety" issue? (handrail and/or repair?) This is an FHA assignment as you mention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks