• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA Orders

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
The rationale for the easy peasy process was that Certified appraisers should be able to understand assignment conditions which are readily available.

I wonder if by letting those at the Licensed level to apply will have to take the more difficult process from the early 2000's.

BRCJR

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
Application for Roster U.S. Department of Housing No. 2502-0538 and Urban Development (HUD) (exp.06/30/2021) Personnel Designation

Respondent Burden: The information you provide will enable the designated agency to determine whether you qualify for designation in the position for which you are applying. HUD is

authorized to collect this information by Title 1, Section 1 of the National Housing Act (Pub. L 479, 48 Statute 1246,12 U.S.C., 1701 et seq.). Public reporting burden for this collection is

estimated at an average of 12 minutes to review the instructions, find the information, and complete this form. This agencies cannot conduct or sponsor a collection of information unless a valid

OMB number is displayed. You are not required to respond to a collection of information if this number is not displayed. Valid OMB numbers can be located on the OMB Internet page at

https://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAMain. If desired you can call 1-800-827-1000 to get information on where to send comments or suggestions about this form.
Privacy Act Statement: These agencies will not disclose information collected on this form to any source other than what has been authorized under the Privacy Act of 1974 or title 38, Code of
Federal Regulations 1.526 for routine uses (for example: Authorized for release of information to Congress when requested for statistical purposes). Reporting your social security number (SSN) is mandatory. The Housing and Community Development Act of 1987, 42 U.S.C. 3543 authorizes HUD to collect the SSN.
Penalty: The provision of the SSN is mandatory. Failure to provide any of the requested information could affect the decision to approve your application since this decision will be made only on the basis of available information we currently have on record. This may result in a delay in the processing of your application.
Ethnicity and Race: Please provide both ethnicity and race. For race, you may check more than one designation.

Appraisers: The application is to be submitted to HUD only after the appraiser is State licensed or certified with credentials based on the minimum licensing/ certification criteria issued by the

Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) of the Appraisal Foundation.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Interesting, it would appear a lot of Trotta's were involved in Navy Services
My Uncle in WWII; myself Viet Nam Era and Jerry....is that you in the back row ??
That is me.

Thank you for your service in Viet Nam.

Basically Rectangular

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
Application for Roster U.S. Department of Housing No. 2502-0538 and Urban Development (HUD) (exp.06/30/2021) Personnel Designation
Appraisers: The application is to be submitted to HUD only after the appraiser is State licensed or certified with credentials based on the minimum licensing/ certification criteria issued by the

Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) of the Appraisal Foundation.
This appears to conflict with the current Eligibility Requirements on the HUD website, which state;

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR APPRAISER ROSTER
"To be eligible as a new applicant or to be eligible for reinstatement, you must:

1. Be a state-certified appraiser with credentials based on the minimum certification criteria issued by the Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) of the Appraisal Foundation..."

And also the following;

FHA APPRAISER ROSTER APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
"FHA requires that your appraisal credentials meet or exceed the minimum criteria for a Certified General or Certified Residential appraiser issued by the Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) of the Appraisal Foundation. You should contact your state appraiser regulatory agency to determine how to become state credentialed and therefore, AQB compliant."

Which is it? Yesterday I called HUD for clarification. I was informed that it is currently Certified Residential or CG. Note that the Application for Roster is dated 5/2008, the Eligibility Requirements say "Effective October 1, 2009, FHA no longer accepts new applications from licensed-level appraisers per the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008. ALL roster appraisers must be state certified and must appear on the ASC's National Registry in order to conduct appraisals for FHA insured mortgages.

I will say that I was impressed with the response that I received from HUD. I actually got a call from HUD HQ with regards to my question. Their understanding was that while the legislation passed, the provision regarding licensed appraisers was not included. Their view on the situation is that most of the licensed appraisers went on to get certified. Checking the ASC registry numbers this makes sense; in Virginia there are currently 1,175 Certified General, 1,648 Certified Residential, and 432 Licensed appraisers. Nationally there are 39,366 CG, 47,485 CR, and 7,264 Licensed.

Who knows...

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Please do not skip on the requirement to read the 4000.1 and you won't have to come back in here complaining about a stip, or asking dumb questions like way too many so-called FHA appraisers do. It's on line. It is searchable for a key word with Ctrl F and can answer better than a lot of us answer a question.

Hylopeeko

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
New Jersey
Regardless of the bantering back and forth, ALL of your insight is invaluable. As a matter of fact if you ALL weren't so competitive and knowledgeable I would never have learned as much as I did on this topic from this single thread. So thank you ALL.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks