• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA - REO to purchase appraisal changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Martin

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Kansas
I did an FHA REO a couple of months ago with less than $5000 in repairs, the report was based on "AS IS" condition.

The property is now under contract, with a new FHA loan, and escrow for the repairs. Do I add an amendment to the original report or just do a new report since it will now be done "SUBJECT TO" condition. Most of the comparable sales will change. I called the HUD tech line and they didn't seem to know which way I should do the report. Because of the change from AS IS to SUBJECT TO change there will be a change in value.

Ted Martin

Professional Status
State
Kansas
Finally got a call back from HUD.

These are treated as a reconsideration.

The format of the reconsideration is up to the appraiser. Since all the comps change I think I'll do a new form (1004) report which will be identified as a reconsideration of the original report with reference to the original report.

Ted Martin

Professional Status
State
Kansas
Just spoke to a HUD tech support person and the correct answer is I'm NOT to do a reconsideration. There are very specific instructions in HUD mortgage letter 00-27 that say the lender is to use the original REO AS-IS appraisal and can't order another appraisal for six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks