• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webbed Feet

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Canada
To All,

I'd just like to have this answer on the forum in this section from someone else, for someone else.

Does FHA allow an exterior only inspection SOW under any circumstances for a refinance mortgage from FHA?

Would FHA allow any corrections, whatsoever, to be made to a preexisting appraisal report that had a SOW of requiring an interior inspection, for FHA as an intended user, to be done by someone that is not the left hand side signing appraiser of that appraisal report, never originally inspected the subject, and proceeds to do those corrections via a "exterior only" viewing of just a photograph?

Webbed.

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
To All,

I'd just like to have this answer on the forum in this section from someone else, for someone else.

Does FHA allow an exterior only inspection SOW under any circumstances for a refinance mortgage from FHA?
Yes, but only for a second appraisal as required per FHA Mortgagee letter 2008-09....the first appraisal done for the refi must have an interior inspection SOW.
Would FHA allow any corrections, whatsoever, to be made to a preexisting appraisal report that had a SOW of requiring an interior inspection, for FHA as an intended user, to be done by someone that is not the left hand side signing appraiser of that appraisal report, never originally inspected the subject, and proceeds to do those corrections via a "exterior only" viewing of just a photograph?
Webbed.
How can someone make a correction to someone else's appraisal report? I don't see how that can happen in any case, FHA or non-FHA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks