• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason S

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
In my office we have never done an appriasal for an FHA loan and maybe only had 1 request in the past 2 years.

What are they, are they harder to do & how do you get certified to do them and who typically orders them. Is it the same typical fee structure as a URAR or condo?

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Jason,

There is 5+ years of archived information in the FHA forum which will answer all your questions. You just have to do some reading.

Jason S

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I tried to find some threads but didn't find what I was looking for.

I figured there would be threads and per a pm, it was suggested that I post the questions i had.

If you happen to know the actual links of the threads I would appreciate it.

Jason,

There is 5+ years of archived information in the FHA forum which will answer all your questions. You just have to do some reading.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
fees (a few threads below your current thread)
http://appraisersforum.com/showthread.php?t=130360

What are they?
They are appraisal reports prepared for loans to be insured by FHA.

Who typically orders them?
Lenders who want to make a loan to be insured by FHA.

Are they harder to do? (lots of threads and it depends on what you mean by "harder.") Start here, but as I said there are 5 years of great information. Just keep reading through the threads... even if it takes you a couple of weeks.

http://appraisersforum.com/showthread.php?t=129496

How do I get "certified" to do them?
You fill out an application which includes a Simple Simon quiz. There have been a zillion posts just in the last week or two about this. It shouldn't be too hard to figure it out by reading a couple of these threads.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Maybe.

It shouldn't be too hard to figure it out by reading a couple of these threads.
:rof: You forgot to state your hypothetical assumption that the person doing the figuring is of average or higher intelligence. :rof:

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
:rof: You forgot to state your hypothetical assumption that the person doing the figuring is of average or higher intelligence. :rof:

Dude... It's either a hypothetical condition or an extraordinary assumption. Done't you read the appraisersforum.com?:laugh:

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Occasionally.

Dude... It's either a hypothetical condition or an extraordinary assumption. Done't you read the appraisersforum.com?:laugh:
:rof: I only read it under extraordinary conditions. :rof:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks