• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

filing suit to amend Fannie/freddie agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diego Lopez

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
we can file suit claiming the fannie/freddie agreement is monopolistic. Maybe we can get it ammended to something more beneficial to the independent fee appraiser.

This takes money and everyone will have to chip in. I'm willing to put up some money seeing as this may put me out of business. Is anyone else interested?

Diego Lopez

Professional Status
State
Florida
If we get enough people together, We'll contact a lawyer in NY and we'll get the ball rolling.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Diego - patience.........it isn't over till it's over......... keep watching AF.

Marcia Langley

Professional Status
State
Missouri
If you don't get your lawsuit together, you should concentrate on sending comments to Cuomo and the OFHEO during the 90 day comment period. That's your chance.

J Adair

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Contact a law firm and see if they are interested in taking on the powers that be for the exposure. It would be great exposure for the right firm. Pay the Lawyers now or keep paying the AMCs forever!

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
I hear there is a TERRIFIC one with an incrediable success record Last name starts with a S.

Midwest Guy

Professional Status
State
Missouri
New York atty is not needed. A lawyer specializing in Sherman Anti Trust would be sufficient, anywhere in the country. This would be a Federal suit, but I have not seen one organization groan about this. :shrug:

Another less expensive option, friend of court briefings filed with the suit being filed with National Association of Mortgage Brokers.

Bottom line, we are SOL!

If we get enough people together, We'll contact a lawyer in NY and we'll get the ball rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks