• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Final Insp On Proposed Const

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh No Not Him

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maine
Trying to get some feedback., in the past I believe the RLC has told me they dont REQUIRE a final insp on proposed const that was done based on plans & specs. I had emailed my RLC for an answer but am still waiting. Thanks

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
They require it if the NOV says "Appraiser to certify blah blah blah"

Oh No Not Him

Professional Status
State
Maine
The nov is only checked and says subject completion per plans. It doesn't state subject to a final insp. And line 10 where they would make it subject to repair insp isn't checked either

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
The nov is only checked and says subject completion per plans. It doesn't state subject to a final insp. And line 10 where they would make it subject to repair insp isn't checked either

If the lender ask for it, do it. I have not had a new construction by plans and specs where I did not do the final inspection in several years.

I use the "Satisfactory Completion Certification".

Be sure to ad this:

"I certify that I have performed services to the subject property in the past 3 years, which is the appraisal on which this final inspection is based. USPAP does not consider a final inspection to be an appraisal or part of an appraisal. A final inspection s a valuation service."

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Thanks Don,

I haven't used that statement but I certainly can see why I should be using it. Like you, I do finals on all new construction. Why? Because my appraisal report says I am to do so. If the client wants my appraised value to be valid then I need to know the work has been completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks