• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Fired again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
All right, one more whine. Just got fired by a client (one-time only, thank God) because I couldn't make value. Client wanted me to be more agressive (20% more agressive). Bottom line is that it just wasn't worth it. Much rather refund part of a fee than do a fradulent appraisal. It's just not worth it on the long term. At least I can sleep at night. Of course, there are others who don't care and sleep just as well.

Oh, well. At least Monday Night Football is own while I spend another long night getting caught up.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
8)

Consider it a badge of honor. BTW, why refund any part of a fee :?:

I get fired by at least 1 "client" a week. Just got fired today by an out of state, never heard from before lender that sent the request on 10-10 and was upset that I had not seen property yet. :roll:

Just another day at the office :wink:

Don Clark, IFA

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I never get fired.....I just quit! Oh, mr lender, did I mention this conversation is recorded for security purposes. In the event of non-payment, a copy of your appraisal request will be forwarded to the State Appraisal Board. Have a nice day!

Leon Stewart

I never get fired.....I just quit! Oh, mr lender, did I mention this conversation is recorded for security purposes. In the event of non-payment, a copy of your appraisal request will be forwarded to the State Appraisal Board. Have a nice day!

Mike:

I didn't know the State Appraisal Board had any control over Lenders.

leon

Leon Stewart

All right, one more whine. Just got fired by a client (one-time only, thank God) because I couldn't make value. Client wanted me to be more agressive (20% more agressive). Bottom line is that it just wasn't worth it. Much rather refund part of a fee than do a fradulent appraisal. It's just not worth it on the long term. At least I can sleep at night. Of course, there are others who don't care and sleep just as well.

Oh, well. At least Monday Night Football is own while I spend another long night getting caught up.

RStrahan:

This System of Lender control and abuse is the major problem facing the Appraisal Profession.

leon

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Leon....they don't, but don't tell them that!

bobburnitt

To: Mike Garrett,

You are lucky you live in a state where the appraisal board will help you collect from deadbeat client's. That will not happen in Texas, in fact, the Texas Savings and Loan Department, the agency that licenses mortgage brokers and loan 'officers', will not lift a finger to collect appraisal fees that have been collected by the 'lender' for the appraiser, and then absconded by the lender.

BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks