• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Fish farms or hatcheries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Anyone got sales? :fiddle: or know anyone else with a target on their back...

Old Chinese Curse - Livin in 'interesting times' and creating wheel with rock and chisel.

(will respond with reciprocal)

Willie

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Check your pm Lee Ann.

Jerry Dell

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Alabama
Lee Ann, I have no sales. However there are many fish farms in the Black Belt of Alabama (Selma Demoplis Alabama Area). Also many fish farms in Mississippi. I would check with farm appraisers in these areas.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
thanks all! The more the merrier!

Mr. Rex - your link is a LOT like most of them I have found - the folks runnin' the links are pretty shy about telling you who and where they are... :unsure: not sure why but it is endemic of ALL the fish places I have run across...

Failsafe method of getting a location nailed down- they may have an 800/877 number but thier FAX number is almost always a local which can be Googled to a street addy!:icon_mrgreen:

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Lee Ann, you might put in a call to the State Ag department or the State Universities that do research on Aquaculture etc, they may have a database with names and contacts.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
:leeann2: Thanks folks, I DID all the (obvious) instate research. Been there did that got nuttin much to show fer it, cept the ability to define what I done did so far!!

I got THE sale (ONLY sale) in state - and it's stale ale, that one-an-only-one that I got... and it isn't quiiiite arm's length ...:leeann: )... ick.

It doesn't help at ALL that the entire state's tax database system is being modified even as we speak... I am not sure at this point that ANYONE knows how to get ANY good data on much of anything:Eyecrazy: recent - old sales using the old system, yup but on new stuff - egads! Some counties last entries on the old system were June of 07, with NO new data fully available.

So THAT is why I was squealin' for help outta state, anywhere!

Again I appreciate the help and will be thinkin' some more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks