• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Flash Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Did anyone else get the fax from LSI about a yearly "Flash 2002 Real Property Appreciation Survey"??

The request states: "In an effort to understand the effect the current historically low rates have had on the industry, we are seeking from appraisers around the country a thumbnail sketch of how much appreciation they have noted in their local markets, by county. This is not a scientific analysis. While we are asking information by county, we understand that there may be pockets within the county that are "hot" markets just as those that are not. However, we are attempting to gain an idea of the average appreciation experienced across the country."

The grid is labeled with:
Up to $150,000; $151-350,000; $351-450,000; $451-750,000; $750,000+

Okay, I believe that many appraiser's have good data (or all of us at least have a gut feeling) but all they stress is appreciation. What about depreciation or deflation of property values?? This is starting to sound like a setup for a Realtor article :lol:

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I got the same fax. Looks like fodder for AVM's.

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
Mr. Leggett I got that fax too. I don't mean to go off on a tangent, but when I get those types of requests unless there is a fee on the request it goes into the waste basket. I'm still amazed at the requests we get for free information.

Still rocking in a no free look up redoubt. :)

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Bucks,
You hit on my other bone of contention regarding this request. :wink: To me, this is a consulting assignment. Where’s the beef ($$$$)? :roll: My job is selling data, ain’t gonna give it away. 8)

Mell.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Bobby:

I also voted round file.
Cats are too broad for my market area among other things!

Ours is a pretty locationally segmented market as well...

larryhaskell

Professional Status
State
Nevada
I haven't received the fax but if I do, I will certainly respond. I haven't felt appreciated by anyone during the past refi boom. I will do this for no fee and I don't believe it would be a consulting assignment.

B

Bemis Pownall

ROUND FILE
BUT WE JOKED THAT IF WE MARKED NOTABLE APPRECIATION IN ALL MARKETS WE WOULD START GETTING LOTS OF ORDERS.

:mrgreen:

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
If we responded, the answers would be "Yes, No, Maybe". To try to generalize the market is like taking all the sales in Dallas to reach a Median sales price for single family homes. That is the most overused and totally useless piece of tripe run out by the Realtors.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks