• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Flood Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Which flood map provider do you use in your office? I need to buy some new maps or service. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also does anyone use MAPSMITH. They offered me the whole state of TN for $250 with updates for 2 years. Sounds decent. Thanks.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
http://www.femaflood.com/

I dont use them, but they did offer me a half price for the CD because I use the alamode flood map online service

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Alamode will sell you 500 internet flood maps through Interflood for $199. They have smaller and larger packages and it will work with any software. I don't worrry about updating maps or CD's anymore. I use it. Getting a flood map is now a 30 second process and I don't have to pull out a CD or paper maps, scan or copy, etc. It downloads it directly to your specified page in your report.

rtubbs

A word of caution about Alamode. You're buying "x" number of maps within a one year period. I was just informed today that my one year is up in May; however, I still have about 150 maps to download. The caller told me it was the number of maps or 1 year-which ever came first. I doubled checked my subscription and, that is correct.

It is a good product and a time saver.

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
State
Arkansas
GEOLOCATER-VERY GOOD.
ED IN ARKANSAS

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Go to the FEMA Flood Map Sticky on the Technical Forum. Scroll down the posts to find the new link for FEMA Maps & bookmark it. Anytime you want a CURRENT map, just use their search function. Their site will let you download a "Firmette" feature that allows you to print out the section of the map with the panel number of any map FEMA has. You can search by address, or search the map to locate your particular property. I have all the paper maps for my market, but I don't use them anymore; I just use this site. It is very quick, and always has the most current map available. AND IT IS FREE!!! Well, not really, because you already paid for it when you sent your income tax in. Why would anyone pay for FEMA maps when you can get the maps you already paid for online, quickly, & free? A Flood Map vendor called me today, actually, and asked how much I paid for my maps. When I told him they were free, there was a moment of silence, and then he said "Well that's a pretty good deal. Click."
I urge everyone here to go this site and just fool around with it. In a matter of minutes, you will learn to get any map you want, anywhere.
Please do it. You will thank yourself many times!

Jay Wolfson

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
That site dosnt seem to be working now:

Page Not Found

The page you were trying to reach does not exist on this site. This may be due to an outdated bookmark or to the revision of the site that occurred in February 2003.

Please use the menu to the left to navigate to the part of the site which you were seeking.

I think they got wise to the fee (loop hole) thing.

Willie

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
David, I knew I could not copy and paste it. I a$$umed I couldn't print. Just did it. Thanks. Now I'll just scan it. Thanks everyone.

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
jaywolfson,

Go further down the posts and you will find a new link that does work. They updated the site & must have changed the address, but the new link will take you there.

Daniel Williams

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Illinois
I could be wrong but I tried that link.....First of all it gave me the wrong map number;it gave me the county section when the subject was in a small town w/a flood survey...I checked it against CURRENT paper map. Secondly....is there a map DATE or anykind of flood zone demarcation or determination....I couldn't find any. I did see a mention to downlaod map for...$1.50...or was it $2.00?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks