• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Florida Licensed Appraisers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Schwartz

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Can someone please help me!!!

I am a Licensed Appraiser in the State of Florida, who has been waiting over a week for an answer from the Florida State Board regarding the future of Licensed Appraisers. One of my friends just came back from an Appraisal Institute meeting. Someone from the State was there and said the less than 150 Licencees in good standing will be grandfathered into the Certified status. If Anyone officially from the State of Florida reads this post please give me a final answer, before I have to spend several hundred dollars to take the test.

P.S. If anyone who is Licensed by another state, what is your State Board doing with Licensed Appraisers.

Thank you in Advance!!!!

Francois K. Gregoire

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Ron,

Take a deep breath and relax. Here is the applicable text from the bill signed by the Governor:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25 (l)(k) "Licensed appraiser" means a person who is

26 licensed by the department as qualified to issue appraisal

27 reports for residential real property of one to four

28 residential units or on such real estate or real property as

29 may be authorized by federal regulation. After July 1, 2003,

30 the department shall not issue licenses for the category of

31 licensed appraiser.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full text of the bill can be found HERE!!

Everyone in the category of LICENSED APPRAISER as of July 1, 2003 will stay in the category. NO ONE is grandfathered to the CERTIFIED RESIDENTIAL category.

There will be no new LICENSED APPRAISERS in Florida. You're part of a select few.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks