• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Florida Segmented info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jprather

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Has anyone heard if Florida is changing the deadline for the segmented approach?
Due to DBPR or Pearsonvue, my approval to take the supplemental exam was lost. Therefore, I went to FREAB in Orlando yesterday to try to get the deadline extended since this was no fault of mine. Per their office, I was told they will be changing the deadline from today, to 1 year past the original approval as it is not fair to those who just received their approvals within the past few months.
In the past I have received conflicting info and I just wanted to try to clarify or at least get some sleep. This has been so stressful!

Jprather

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I received a phone call from FREAB today and yes, they will be extending the deadline. thank you for your info!

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
As I understand the process, today is the deadline for having the application package submitted under the segmented system, but you have a year from the time your application is approved to complete your test just as it has always been.

Jprather

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
No, that was true but FREAB changed their guidelines. To be eligible for the segmented approach we now have 1 year from the approval. Not 12/31/2008.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Well then I'm glad to hear they made the change to conform to how they've always done things. It was likely an oversight when they setup the deadline for the segmented approach. It would be ridiculous to allow someone to submit an application today which would be approved because it met the requirements under the segmented approach, and then deny them a license because the test could not be taken in time.

Mike Phillips

Professional Status
State
Florida
JP and Tater -

Please explain or verify this for the simple-minded.

The way I understand it, 12/31/2008 was the deadline to get the package in for approval to take the state exam and become Certified under the old rules via the segmented approach. ALL candidates who submitted their packages on or before 12/31/2008 have one year from the date of (submission or approval?) of the package to pass the exam. Is that correct?

So...if the candidate did not get their package in prior to 12/31/2008 then they automatically fall under the new AQB requirements - correct?

Is it safe to say this segmented approach BS is finally over 12/31/09?

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I think it is safe to make that statement.

Jprather

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Mike,
I went to FREAB in Orlando in person and spoke with a the appraisal department. Per that office, the guidelines will change from the deadline of 12/31/2008 to 1 year past your specific approval date. For me I was originally approved in July, 2008 I now have until July 2009. However, I have procrastinated enough and as soon as DBPR gets my approval straightened out I am taking the supplemental test and then I am done!

Mike Phillips

Professional Status
State
Florida
Mike,
I went to FREAB in Orlando in person and spoke with a the appraisal department. Per that office, the guidelines will change from the deadline of 12/31/2008 to 1 year past your specific approval date. For me I was originally approved in July, 2008 I now have until July 2009. However, I have procrastinated enough and as soon as DBPR gets my approval straightened out I am taking the supplemental test and then I am done!

Thanks for the info jp - there is not one of us who is not guilty of procrastination.

Unfortunately, more people in under the wire is not helpful. The way I'm reading you folks who got approvals on 12/31/2008 have until 12/31/2009 - not good. We need the new AQB requirements to kick-in once and for all and FREAB and/or DBPR need to stop being enablers.

I've had enough of this BS.

Good luck -thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks