• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Florida Trainee Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCPaul24

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
In NC our rules are such that a Certified Residential Supervisor is allowed to have up to 2 trainees. There is no limit to the number of supervisors a trainee may have. Joe Trainee in theory could be supervised by 5 certified appraisers performing work under each supervisor without violating any rules. (Assuming that each supervisor isn't jamming him up this is feasible-slow days make this a viable way for a trainee to gain experience without sitting around for ages hoping for trainee work to appear with a single supervisor.) Is this the way it is in Florida or is the trainee limited to a certain number of supervisors? Thanks for the info.:new_smile-l:

Chris Colston

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
In Florida, a Certified appraiser may have up to 3 trainees. They must LIVE in the county or a contiguous county to the supervisor's office. The trainee may only have 1 registered supervisor, but can also be supervised by other certified appraisers within the same office. The trainee may not have their own clients and can only receive payment from the supervisor. These restrictions fortify the IRS code, that trainees are employees.

NCPaul24

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Thanks

I appreciate the info. It's interesting how different states have things set up. Before we make any changes I like to get a good idea about the local rules to be sure I don't do something that is fine in one area and completely sideways in another.:new_multi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks