• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Florida!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Went to Florida over the holidays. Busy from the moment of arrival to returning to AZ. (Hope to see you on return trip end of May P.C.) Great place to visit & now a cheap place to buy a home!! All you gotta say is thinking about relocated & everyone becomes a RE Agent.

Wouldn't it be nice IF you could start & finish a conversation without the economy somehow getting into it. Two weeks I refused to talk politics to ANYONE!! But it was impossible not have the economy pop up somewhere in most conversations. Did educate some on what Subprime Mortgage means & think many are going to banks and asking questions.

Seems all other times that we had problems, in the USA. it appeared to be different in various parts of the country, This time New England was same conversation when I was there. Califiornia same, even in Rocky Point, Mexico Then Florida!! For those that haven't grasped the concept that we are in a depression. Start traveling & listen don't talk, just listen. I think although we have the Internet Highway, the best education is to travel to various other parts of the USA (While America is still the USA) And look up the typical average common everyday type person, listen to them, it is the best indicator of the way things are.

Folks IF Florida, New England, California, AZ, Typical common everyday folks struggle are indicators of what folks are feeling, this ride is going to be the ruffiest many of you have ever experienced.

Never thought that I'd ever be thankful that I was raised poor, but I think my early education on how to survive being poor, is going to pay off in dividens in next few years.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
If Bernanke, Paulson, and the Wall Street pundits had spent a little time with appraisers and others down here on "the front lines" back in 2006, they would have seen this all coming. They didn't. Bernanke most of all, was clueless about the scope of the problem until the past 180 days when it finally hit him we had a major crisis shaping up. I still don't think he is publically showing just how scared witless and totally clueless he is...

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
TS, he is showing it alright, just listen to the quiver in his voice. He wants out real bad.

Karl, I believe you, to bad others still have their heads in the sand.

Mary Tiernan

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Michigan
Went to the mall Saturday for daughter to return a few things. Ended up at TGIF at the mall for an early dinner, then home.

The mall was packed!!! When we left the restaurant, the line was out into the mall. Driving to the interstate, all the restaurants were jam packed - and there are a lot of restaurants along the drive.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I traveled to Georgia and Tennessee over the holidays. The people I met were also talking about how bad the economy is in Florida, Arizona and California. The parents of my daughter's best friend moved their business from Kissimmee to Gatlinburg. Business is so good they wish they had moved years ago. :new_all_coholic:

nauthead

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I can't speak for the entire state, but Central Florida's economy stinks right now. My home county of Marion has an unemployment rate just shy of 10%. Dozens of restaurants have closed, builders, real estate offices and title companies have gone out of business, REO's are the biggest sellers right now, etc. The building where my office is has only two tenants counting me and there are several new office buildings within sight of mine that are completely vacant.

I took the family to Cedar Key over the weekend for dinner and the restaurant was less than 1/2 full at 6 PM on a Saturday. This was at the most popular place on the island.

And I'm afraid the bottom has not been reached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks