• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Schwartz

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Hello!!!

I am one of the 150 LIC Appraisers in Florida...

I just read in the FLA REALTOR magazine that at the last minute end of Fla Legislature meeting passed a law to eliminate the Licensed Appraiser category. Does anybody know what that means for currently licensed Appraisers??? what will become of us??? or have to do??? Will we be absorbed into Certified Appraisers???? It would be nice if the FL REA Board would notify us in any event????

Francois K. Gregoire

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Originally posted by Ron Schwartz@May 24 2003, 08:34 PM
Hello!!!

I am one of the 150 LIC Appraisers in Florida...

I just read in the FLA REALTOR magazine that at the last minute end of Fla Legislature meeting passed a law to eliminate the Licensed Appraiser category. Does anybody know what that means for currently licensed Appraisers??? what will become of us??? or have to do??? Will we be absorbed into Certified Appraisers???? It would be nice if the FL REA Board would notify us in any event????
Hi Ron,

Don't get too excited yet.

First - You are one of 92 Licensed Appraisers in Florida.

Second - The Bill has not yet become law. It must be signed by the Governor. If signed, it becomes effective July 1, 2003.

Third - The Licensed Appraiser category will not be eliminated. Instead, the Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board will no longer issue licenses for that category after July 1, 2003. Appraisers in that category will keep their License and can continue to to renew.

Yes, it would be nice if the Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board communicated with all Florida Appraisers. If you want to make yourself heard, write:

Cythia Wright, Chairman
Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board
Division of Real Estate
400 West Robinson Street
Suite N802
Orlando, FL 32801-0800

and

Jason Steele, Director
Division of Real Estate
400 West Robinson Street
Suite N802
Orlando, FL 32801-0800

Until the FREAB and/or the Division of Real Estate starts communicating with appraisers, you can read updates in the Florida Forum here at Wayne's World. Or, since you are a REALTOR and a Licensed Appraiser, you might consider joining this yahoo group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FAR_Appraisal_Council/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks