• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FNC / AP Blinks!Old Agreement Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
Got this on Friday 9/12, YEAH!!!

Email from someone at AI.....

"In my August 29, 2008, letter to the membership, I noted that FNC had issued a new AppraisalPort user agreement that was scheduled to become effective on September 13, 2008. I further stated that the Appraisal Institute planned to review the content of these types of user agreements to help educate you about them.

Earlier today, we learned that FNC now has deferred implementation of the agreement to accommodate further industry comment. The AppraisalPort Web site currently includes the following notice:

Deferral of New AppraisalPort User Agreement

Notice: The new AppraisalPort® User Agreement scheduled to be effective September 13, 2008 has been deferred to accommodate further industry comments. The current AppraisalPort Subscription Agreement shall remain in effect until further notice.

Given FNC's deferral of the effective date for implementing the agreement, we will await any revisions to the agreement before educating the membership on these types of agreements."

yr2525

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Kentucky
Dude.....! That is good news! If we could only do the same with the AMCs we might get this business under control!

Bearslide

Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Dude.....! That is good news! If we could only do the same with the AMCs we might get this business under control!

One at a time, matey................one by one...............

But there is still much to do.......the battle is just beginning..............each day, more pirates are boarding the ship and demanding their profession back.....but it will take many, it will take more and louder "NO"'s.......and it will take coming together for a common cause.............

DonRico

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
That is a bit of good news....and demonstrates the power WE hold over the way we do our jobs. Stand up and be heard!!

However, it does strike me as condescending when AI, a supposed focal point for our issues comes up with a statement on August 29, 2008, concerning the agreement that was scheduled to become effective on September 13, 2008.
Stating....
"I further stated that the Appraisal Institute planned to review the content of these types of user agreements to help educate you about them."

Help Educate ME About Them?

You're a little late to the party, don't ya think??

Tony V

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
The AI appears to be reactive where they should be PROACTIVE....besides most wonder what their agenda is....cause it don't appear to be the Residential appraisers......(where did the AI Ready form come from??)

My bigger thought is that they (AP) are just attempting to buy time and plane the next move....

They must have heard from a large contigincy of their clients that appraisers are not going to sign...is it possible that AP is trying to hold on to their market share???

Are they waiting to get a new batch of appraisers who have not heard of what is really going on??

Are they waiting to see if HVCC is going to happen??...

You know they arent really backing down...just sitting back for a bit maybe but back down??..nah...The entire AMC world/community would be all over them.....

The next issue with them must be the striping and reconfiguration of the Data and Reports.....and this needs to play out on a NATIONAL LEVEL...

What do you SAY AI???....Good time to turn the ship around and become PROACTIVE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks