• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

For folks thinking about ditching Facebook

The Warrior Monk

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York
I've ditched everything but FB. The only reason why I'm still there is because of my martial arts connections. If it weren't for that, I'd be gone from that also.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Use FB to stay in touch with my family primarily, this group. About it

TMG

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
FB is sneaky, they don't want people to quit. I deleted my page about 3 years ago. Once you hit delete, it takes 2 weeks for your profile to go away. If you log on at 13 days to see if its gone..? Guess what, it opens up and you have to start all over. I found that out the hard way.

Second deletion, I waited about 20 days then had a friend try to look me up using their account. They couldn't find me, and I was HAPPY!! It was like quitting smoking, the first 30 days were kinda boring, but after that, I despised FB and never went back. It s a time wasting subtle "look at me" platform. Its narcissism promoted as "Social media".

Last edited:

Alsie35

Professional Status
State
California
The only reason I am on FB is to stay in quick touch with friends and family back home in the Old Country via Messenger, and for groups catering to my art hobbies where politics is strictly verbotten. I have also "trained" FB over time to not show me ANY even remotely political or 'current event' posts (You simply choose the "hide posts like this" option in the right hand corner when one of these pops up. If you do this religiously, after a few months they will stop appearing altogether. I did this for a year in 2016 and by the end of the year the political stuff stopped appearing altogether).

So when I go on and there is literally *nothing* in my so-called "news feed", I know people are being spun up by the fake news that day and that's all they are posting about. Like this past week. :ROFLMAO: Also, if I see any post even remotely touching on aggravating topics pop up, I automatically block the poster. I have a list of hundreds upon hundreds of people I have blocked, none of whom I have ever even exchanged a word with. Simply put, if you are a "FB friend" of a friend and you post something I find offensive, and it pops up in my "feed", I "disappear" you from my universe *instantly* because I don't go on there to get aggravated or to admire other people reveling in their stupidity. ;)

BTW, my "ignore" list on this forum is now in double digits. Its working pretty well. And if one of the offenders deigns to post something actually useful, someone will usually quote it so I am not missing anything except the BS. :LOL:

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
BTW, my "ignore" list on this forum is now in double digits. Its working pretty well. And if one of the offenders deigns to post something actually useful, someone will usually quote it so I am not missing anything except the BS. :LOL:
Engaging the ignore option is a major time saver, I wish I had used it previously. It filters out so much nonsense, not to mention the distracting clutter on industry related threads where the topic becomes hijacked into a “fairness”, finger pointing pity party. Furthermore, the angry misfits don’t offer much in the way of RE or appraisal knowledge other than nonstop complaining about how unfair life is in the US.

alebrewer

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Many young people don't use twitter or facebook. Most people I know don't twitter or facebook.
If you don't like it, don't use it. I don't know what's the fuss.
Hence the point of the post...

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Engaging the ignore option is a major time saver, I wish I had used it previously. It filters out so much nonsense, not to mention the distracting clutter on industry related threads where the topic becomes hijacked into a “fairness”, finger pointing pity party. Furthermore, the angry misfits don’t offer much in the way of RE or appraisal knowledge other than nonstop complaining about how unfair life is in the US.
"Furthermore, the angry misfits don’t offer much in the way of RE or appraisal knowledge other than nonstop complaining about how unfair life is in the US."

Only 20 seconds into the video and BB is proven correct about the angry misfits....
Great job....

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
I positively love your tagline. Can you do it in a bigger font?

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I have never been on Twitter- As for Fake book I am on only-to agitate , the appraisers who leave this forum and start popping up on face book appraisal sites ruining them : ) LMAO

alebrewer

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
I had heard that there was an appraiser forum on FB, but I'm not on FB, so I haven't been able to confirm.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks