• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

For Mike G. The old Guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
Never saw this from this angle before...Kinda fun!
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=39.28...UTC)&ll=39.288,-105.4734&spn=2,2&f=d&t=h&hl=e

Move the map down Highway 67 to Gillett and zoom in on the lakes...Great view!

I was not fishing that day though...:rof:

They a very pretty blue/green for that high up!

Get a new prospective on the flood damage too from way back when.

for anyone else interested..

Zoom in on the map just enough to find Woodland Park and Divide. This would be SE of the earthquake arrow. Zoom in from that point and find South Highway 67. Find Gillett and just East of there are 2 very blue/green lakes. These are the lakes that Mike and I discuss from time to time. Now just a hair north of that where all that white snow is...that is the Summit of Pikes Peak. The upper lake is just a below timberline.

Last edited:

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Thanks Patti...

Looks pretty nice. Did you look at 7 lakes on the Peak, they look dry to me. I was at a DOW meeting for volunteers two weeks ago and they stated they are going to kill all the cutthroats on the peak as they are not a pure strain. Back in the 60s, I helped take spawn from those lakes and there were cutthroats up to 8 pounds in there. What a loss.

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
Not a pure strain...who cares. What a shame.
Have not heard anything about that!

They never let anyone fish it for years...My Dad used to sneak into those lakes on the Peak when he worked for the City. Back then it was jail time if you got caught. He always went in with some friends on the toll road maintenance crew. A Red Dare Devil and a gunny sack was all the tools required!

Yeah I think the map was done in sections as the lakes are green and the Hayman burn area is snow covered. Man you get a new perspective on that
as well. Driving through it does not give you the scope of devestation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks