• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

For those who use charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Dietz

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
If this has been talked about already I apologize.

I found this weekend that alamode has an add on mod to excel to help format charts for reports. I experimented with it this weekend and kind of like it. I also like that it is not locked into Aurora so I can use it in narrative reports as well. You just print to PDF and copy and past. Here is a sample I threw together this weekend.

Attachments

• LA08 0808.pdf
    100.7 KB · Views: 117

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
Charts look great.

I've been adding charts & tables to my reports, but I don't use Total.
Best method I've found to get them into my reports is a little complex, but here it is:
I do my charts, then open a Word document, add whatever text I want,
the paste the charts into WORD -- AS PICTURES.
Then print the whole thing to PDF and add page into my report.

Found that If I just past the chart or table into Word, the final pdf sometimes changes things, while if I paste as a "picture" they print out exact.

David Dietz

Professional Status
State
Florida
That is the great thing about this mod to excel you do not have to mess with word. It has areas above and below the chart for comments.

Kali the Boston Terrier

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
You guys may want to try Snagit to remove images easier and past them into anything. Best program for appraisers...bar none

David Sawyer

Professional Status
State
Florida
Dave,
I'm impressed! Just wondering if you can continue this and do about 200-300 of these for the rest of the sub markets of Lee Co.

Do you know of a relative easy way of putting the charts from Rapattoni MLS when you do a statistics analysis directly into Aurora. I have been printing, scanning these charts into my reports as I am too old & too set to try too many techie things.

Otis Key

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
Dave,
I'm impressed! Just wondering if you can continue this and do about 200-300 of these for the rest of the sub markets of Lee Co.

Do you know of a relative easy way of putting the charts from Rapattoni MLS when you do a statistics analysis directly into Aurora. I have been printing, scanning these charts into my reports as I am too old & too set to try too many techie things.
Try changing your printer to acrobat and then insert the pdf into the report. On top of what Brian suggested about SnagIt, there is also MW Snap. It uses less space for the files as it can be set to save as a tiff.

David Dietz

Professional Status
State
Florida
Dave,

Do what Otis said, You can print to a PDF then capture the image and past into the report on a blank page.

David Dietz

Professional Status
State
Florida
Dave,

Actually business is so slow I could, I just would need someone to pay me!!!

Scott Lanz

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Minnesota
David,

Our local MLS pays the Minneapolis association of Realtors to compile a statistical document. I put a bid in against them for the contract, but they were less expensive.

Cropper is another nice program. I have attached the data they put out.

David Dietz

Professional Status
State
Florida
Nice I will check that program out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks