• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Forcing Me To Use New Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Alamode sent message that Bing will not work in Aurora by a certain date.
I've worked in Total but I still like Aurora and even Athena.
I was original user of Alamode software and each time they keep forcing me to go to new version.
I don't mind new version but each version is different in feel and placement. I still have hard time with Total sketch.
For example, the new map in Total was shocking to me when I saw it. If it was an improvement, why couldn't the balloons be placed more appropriately so I can move them with less effort.
I understand Alamode wants the software to look better but for old geezards like me, have hard time relearning. I kept using Athena until they kicked me out. I'm still using Aurora.
The old software was fine with me. It served its basic purpose and I don't need fancy gizmos for the reader.
Each time I'm forced to use new versions, I'm haven't been impress. Just let me do my appraisals.

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Quit being a dinosaur and adapt. Every software comes out with new version. Aren't you the same person that could not wait for the iPhone 7 and stated you love new technology? It sounds like a lack of motivation by you. Total is far superior to Aurora. Total sketch is fine and I don't know what you are talking about on the maps.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
What version of word processor are you using? The Selectric?

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Most appraisers get older and our learning curve is not that good. My memory is not as good as 5 years ago and I'm afraid it will not get better.
All I'm asking is when a new version comes out, Alamode does not need to revamp the layout. Windows did that and was a major disaster.
Some like to learn new software taking additional hours of our lives. I prefer to spend more time in doing appraisals.

Carlos Danger

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Bing???? I forgot about the lost wedding ring. Did you take my advice and lop the arm off so she wouldn't notice?

Bearcat Bri

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
If Titan would ever come out, it wouldn't mater. Come on alamode!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks