• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Foreclosure Stats Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpine

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Can anyone suggest a reliable resource for foreclosure statistics for smaller rural communities? I have a lender demanding specific foreclosure rates/trends for a small town (Veneta in Lane County, Oregon) for which I typically cannot locate isolated statistics. Most stats I have traditionally utilized/accessed are for the greater county or the major cities. Thanks in advance...

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Can anyone suggest a reliable resource for foreclosure statistics for smaller rural communities? I have a lender demanding specific foreclosure rates/trends for a small town (Veneta in Lane County, Oregon) for which I typically cannot locate isolated statistics. Most stats I have traditionally utilized/accessed are for the greater county or the major cities. Thanks in advance...

I Use RealtyTrac. I just checked and they have info for your area.

jay trotta

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
I can only suggest; States sometime offer data via ".gov locations" under the Economics section.

Good Luck

Noreen

Professional Status
State
New Hampshire
Sometimes the recording data you use will define the type of document that it records, deed, mortgage, foreclosure, etc if you have a public record state.

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
Your MLS does not show when a Sale is a REO or Short Sale?
If so, (not that it will help you today) you might contact them and put a bug in their ear about making that one of the fields the agents include in MLS listing.

Alpine

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Thanks for the responses. I did try RealtyTrac before posting, and their numbers seemed way off. I have been looking for a source outside the MLS (HUD and/or Fannie Mae related) because only a percentage of the REOs transfer via MLS listings. There are some stats on my local data source, although the full details may only be available from an upgraded membership level I have not previously needed. In the meantime, I will utilize the MLS to generate some trends/percentages.

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
If you can download County records in bulk, you may be able to sort for Sellers (and maybe Buyers?) with names including possibilities like:

Federal
FSB
Bank
Loan
Savings
Inc.

Lot of work, but might give you what you need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks