• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Former Sras

Status
Not open for further replies.

TennMan

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
Would it be possible to get any that have given up their designation to give me a PM? I am working on a project to review what is happening with the SRA. At this point, I am only looking for former SRAs.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Both SRA's in my family gave up the designations. One went to work for the county assessor's office and the other just retired.

The Warrior Monk

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York
Most of the SRAs that I know gave up their designations did so long ago (20+/- years) in the few years after licensing. It's been my observation that most that have obtained it since that time period haven't, but that is just a local observation.

Non Sequitur

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Louisiana
Most of the SRAs that I know gave up their designations did so long ago (20+/- years) in the few years after licensing. It's been my observation that most that have obtained it since that time period haven't, but that is just a local observation.
I know a few, same time period. One guy still brings up the merger as the reason he left, another said he didn't see any value after licensing. Never met anyone who recently stopped paying rent, I'm sure a some exist and it would be interesting to hear why.

The Warrior Monk

Staff member
Professional Status
State
New York
I believe one of the commonly mentioned appraisal industry leaders gave up his SRA just a few years ago for issues pertaining to changes in AI policies, but I don't want to mention names without verification.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I gave mine up a decade ago. Before merger, the residential appraiser had a strong voice. After merger, residential members were ignored.

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
It is something that happened before some people on this forum were born and at just about the same time licensing requirements took effect.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
The American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers and the Society of Real Estate Appraisers merged in 1991 into the Appraisal Institute. Former MAI mentor cried over giving up his RM designation for what he considered an inferior SRA designation,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks