• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Frea Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damon Young

Sophomore Member
We are considering joining (mainly for thier E&O insurance), but would like to hear comments about the organization from knowledgeable members before writing the check.

Thanks,

Damon Young
Colorado Springs

Chris Harrison

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Utah
Damon,

I've been a member for about 12 years. Mainly for the E&O because the other benefits aren't really worth that much. The continuing ed is generally only approved in Calif, so the offer of discounts is worthless to me. At one time they offered 10 free hours of continuing ed with their membership. After 5 years of never offering something approved in my state they discontinued that program.

Every year I say that I will buy my E&O through another carrier because the price is typically lower but then I never seem to remember til it's due. It's a hassle to fill out all the paper work and then be approved by the new carrier so I pay the higher price every year. Poor business practice! This year I will get a new carrier and drop the membership.

Just my take on frea

Chris

Damon Young

Sophomore Member
Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

In reviewing their educational offerings, they had many on-line and live courses available to me in Colorado. Upon checking, I also found a number of courses in Wisconsin, so you may want to re-visit their web site (they are now partnered with Mckissock and others).

Regards,
Damon Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks