• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Freddie Mac Appraisal Alternative: Risk On?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abombappraising

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
New Hampshire
Anybody have any updates/ thoughts on Loan Adviser Suite. I know they are already using it for some refinance mortgages, which despite my own best interest seems - somewhat- reasonable. But purchase mortgages!? That seems a little crazy, right (#2008). Here are some open questions

Will the purchase program apply for all conventional mortgages?
Will it depend on the buyer's downpayment? I suppose the collateral's value is less important if the buyer is a stud.
What types of properties do we suppose they will have the alternative for (urban, suburban, rural).

On a side note, I am not anti-innovation or even against AVMs. I think they are helpful but outright elimination of appraisers for purchase transaction seems downright crazy.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
There's been several recent posts on it, you can also google it and info comes up.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
A second post by abombappraising-

If anyone thinks, appraising and the industries around it are in need some intrepid thinking....reach out. You will be working with a startup with co-founders from Harvard, Williams and Stanford who take what they do, not themselves, very seriously.

Remote appraisals possible, flexible, forward thinking attitude required!

personal email: apollackATcollege.harvard.edu

sandpiperapp

Professional Status
State
New York
A second post by abombappraising-

If anyone thinks, appraising and the industries around it are in need some intrepid thinking....reach out. You will be working with a startup with co-founders from Harvard, Williams and Stanford who take what they do, not themselves, very seriously.

Remote appraisals possible, flexible, forward thinking attitude required!

personal email: apollackATcollege.harvard.edu

Ken Masla likes it.

Who is Ken Masla? He gives out advice as if he is an appraiser, but he does not appear to be licensed.

Wasn't he talking up appraisals with inspections completed by someone else for $65?

Ken, who are you?

It seems there are many people interested in the appraisal business, that have nothing to do with the appraisal profession.

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Ken Masla likes it.

Who is Ken Masla? He gives out advice as if he is an appraiser, but he does not appear to be licensed.

Wasn't he talking up appraisals with inspections completed by someone else for $65?

Ken, who are you?

It seems there are many people interested in the appraisal business, that have nothing to do with the appraisal profession.

ken is an IT guy from the Philippines who wants to be an appraiser but isn't so he just tells people he is. perhaps he is not smart enough to pass the test...

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
It's sad that GPS now get to roam the forum.

Remember the old days when they were limited to only "Ask an Appraiser".

Ken Masla

Professional Status
General Public
State
California

I never said anything of this sort.

I remember when I was 12 I used to make things up about the other boys who were friends with the girl I had a crush on. I was so insecure and even though I am much older, I think about those times and I feel embarrassed.

TRESinc

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio

I remember when I was 12 I used to make things up about the other boys who were friends with the girl I had a crush on. I was so insecure and even though I am much older, I think about those times and I feel embarrassed.

so what exactly do you do ken? you avoid that question like the plague. something you want to keep hidden?

sandpiperapp

Professional Status
State
New York

"Show me an appraiser who will not be happy with $65 5 times a day if compliance is a breeze and liability is significantly diminished."

I believe this is yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks